Several of the key ingredients are not available even remotely close to us, but with planning I was able to have them on hand. I am so pleased it turned out as well as it did, and next year...it will be better!!!
|Tofurky Roast w/Roasted Veggies, Dressing Made With Homemade Anadama and Italian Breads, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Steamed Veggies|
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 8 cups peeled and cubed russet potatoes
- 6 - 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ - 1 cup plain soy milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (optional)
- 4 tablespoons margarine (Earth Balance)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Put potatoes and garlic in a large pot.
Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes and drain.
Place drained potatoes and garlic in a mixing bowl.
Add remaining ingredients; beat with mixer until smooth.
Serves 6 to 8.
|Pumpkin Pie and Crust from Scratch!|
Pumpkin Pie (Egg free)
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 cup soy milk
¾ cup organic sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
½ tsp. ginger, ground
¼ tsp. cloves, ground
9-inch pie shell (easy recipe in 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes by Kris Holechek)
- Mix all ingredients until smooth in a large bowl.
- Pour into crust and smooth the top.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425°, then reduce oven temperature to 350°. Bake until filling is set, about 50 to 60 minutes. (You may want to put a ring of foil over the crust after it's browned to perfection to prevent it from getting too dark.) Chill.
Makes 8 servings.